Friday, September 18, 2009

Sloppy Joes

As with about 1/2 of my recipes, this one is from my mom. I made a double batch last week and froze most of it. I love having this one in the freezer because it is so easy to pull out for lunch. I freeze individual servings in a muffin pan (I use a silicon one which makes them super easy to get out once frozen). After they are frozen, I just pop them out and store them in a Ziploc. Doubling the recipe gave us two meals and 24 Sloppy Joe "muffins" (1/2 cup each). I also keep a bag of rolls in the freezer to pull out for sandwiches like this.

SLOPPY JOES
2 pounds hamburger, browned
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped green pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
½ teaspoon paprika
1 can (10 ¾ oz) tomato soup
1/3 cup water

Brown hamburger with onions and peppers. Drain. Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer ½ -1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment