Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stuffing and Swiss Cheese Chicken

This recipe is so easy to assemble and just pop in the freezer. No pre-cooking required. I do recommend thawing this one completely in the fridge before cooking. Otherwise you may be cooking it for a very long time to ensure the chicken is cooked through.

1 lb uncooked chicken breast meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 box stuffing (I use Stove Top)
4-6 slices of Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
water & milk

Arrange chicken pieces in an 8x8 pan. Cover with slices of Swiss cheese.


Sprinkle with entire box of stuffing. (If you don't want as much stuffing in your dish, just use 1/2 a box and decrease the amount of soup mixture you pour over stuffing. I happen to like stuffing a lot so I use the whole box).



Mix together 1 can of soup, 1 can of water and 1/3 can of milk. Pour over stuffing. Stir carefully with a spoon to gently incorporate soup mixture and stuffing.


Wrap with heavy foil, label and freeze. Thaw in the fridge. Cook covered at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think I'll have to try this one.

    Where do you find these baking pans? I used to use them a lot, but now I can't find them. I'd decided they'd probably quit making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks soooo yummy. If I wasn't already doing cafe rio tonight I would want to do this.

    ReplyDelete